50 Questions with Monosigne’s Signe Nørtoft
We’re currently undergoing a bit of a Danish style crush moment. The pastel shades, the laidback cool, the anything goes attitude with vintage borrowings – we’ve fallen hard. And Monosigne style influencer Signe Nørtoft is true to it all.
With wardrobe hues that would make an ice creamery jealous and casual Scando vibes, we decided to continue our Danish theme – pulling Signe aside to take part in our latest Fast 50. Here she talks everything from hating having her picture taken to the gradual shift into influencing.
1. Age? 20
2. Height? 167cm
3. Best beauty product of all time? Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre
4. Five beauty products you can’t live without?
– A good moisturiser
– Haloscope highlighter from Glossier
– Blush from Comme Deux
– Dry shampoo!!!
– Bioderma Micellar water
5. Hair “done” or messy? Messy!
6. Favourite fragrance? Glossier You
7. Favourite item of clothing? My wide legged vintage Levi’s jeans – they fit so perfectly
8. Favourite fashion brand? Lots of Danish brands! Saks Potts, Baum und Pferdgarten, Ganni, Stine Goya
9. Gym or exercising outdoors? Gym
10. Healthy eating or treating yourself? A good mix
11. Can you cook? To an extent haha – but I do like cooking
12. Favourite food to indulge in? Cookie dough ice cream
13. First thing you pick from the mini-bar? N/A
14. Favourite hobby? Decorating my apartment! I love interior design
15. A strange fact about you that followers might not know? I use to hate having my picture taken, haha (still kinda do)
16. Biggest fear? The ocean
17. Blog or YouTube? I watch Youtube for hours everyday!
18. Iphone or camera? iPhone
19. Type of camera? iPhone
20. Lightroom or VSCO (or another phone app)? I love Snapseed for adding light to pictures
21. Favourite filter? I don’t really like filters, I just raise the brightness in my pictures
22. Favourite way to edit pics? Lots of light and warmth
23. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? I would love to try going full-time as an influencer and see what that is like one day
24. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? I’ve always liked posting on IG, and have been doing so for around 4 years. I don’t think I can pinpoint the exact moment I started posting as an influencer, it was a gradual shift
25. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? Around 30 mins, I think. It really depends on the picture
26. What’s your top Instagram tip? Consistency!! Post good quality pictures often
27. Who takes your pics? Whoever is with me that day, but mostly my patient boyfriend
28. Career highlight since being an influencer? Getting to model for the Lazy Oaf x Studio Arhoj campaign in July. Such a cool experience
29. Career lowlight since being an influencer? I can’t really think of any
30. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? Lazy Oaf x Studio Arhoj
31. Worst thing that’s happened to you on a photo shoot? I’ve only ever been on one photoshoot, and that was such a nice experience
32. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? I’ve been gifted a few dresses from @milkwhiteofficial that I absolutely adore
33. Last thing you googled? N/A
34. Favourite film? ’10 Things I Hate About You’
35. Favourite book? I haven’t really been reading leisurely for a couple of years, while I was at school, but I really enjoyed Anne Brontes’ ‘The Tenant of Wildfell Hall’
36. Living in the city or living by the beach? City! I love the energy
37. Favourite travel destination? I’ve been to Budapest a couple times and I really enjoy the city. But my dream is to visit Tokyo!
38. Most Instagram-worthy spot? Pastel walls!
39. Top three essentials to pack when traveling? Dresses, headbands, and sneakers
40. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Depends! I enjoy both
41. Partner or single? Partner
42. Siblings? Two younger siblings
43. What city are you currently living in? Kolding in Denmark
44. Celebrity/influencer crush? @alyssainthecity! She is my favourite person to follow. She is so inspirational
45. Pets? My family has a dog <3
46. What is your best asset? ??
47. Biggest misconception about you and your job? Tough one! I’m not sure how people perceive me, but I could imagine most people would assume I’m shallow?
48. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @alyssainthecity, @double3exposure, @mariejedig, @annasarlvit, @accidentalinfluencer
49. Favourite quote you live by? N/A
50. Top career tip? In the influencer industry, I believe you have to be true to yourself and post pictures that you enjoy – and to keep going even when things aren’t going your way.
All images: Monosigne