With all eyes on the Copenhagen Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2020 runway this week (watch out for our wrap-up coming shortly), the street style star who has most caught our attention is Marie Jedig. With a quirky fashion sense that celebrates a vintage-aesthetic in hues of pastel, Marie is part of the Copenhagen troupe of fashion influencers that continues to give Scandi street style a good name.
Amidst the madness that always comes hand-in-hand with Fashion Week, we pulled Marie aside to take part in our latest Fast 50. It’s quick, it’s bite-sized, and it covers all bases. Here, Marie is talking everything from the loneliness of being an influencer to how the iPhone is her camera of choice…
1. Age? 27
2. Height? 163 cm
3. Best beauty product of all time? Weleda “Skin Food”
4. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Tromborg lip cure, Glossier Brow Boy, Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara, Aesop Parsley Seed Face Oil, and Weleda Skin Food Light
5. Hair “done” or messy? Done in a messy way
6. Favourite fragrance? Flowerhead by Byredo
7. Favourite item of clothing? Jeans
8. Favourite fashion brand? Maryam Nassir Zadeh
9. Gym or exercising outdoors? No exercise at all
10. Healthy eating or treating yourself? A balance of both
11. Can you cook? Yes, and I love to! So bad at following recipes, so everything is freestyle
12. Favourite food to indulge in? Dates!
13. First thing you pick from the mini-bar? Snickers
14. Favourite hobby? Musical
15. A strange fact about you that followers might not know? I probably know every Disney lyric ever made in Danish
16. Biggest fear? Dying alone
17. Blog or YouTube? Blog
18. Iphone or camera? IPhone
19. Type of camera? IPhone
20. Lightroom or VSCO? VSCO and Snapseed!
21. Favourite filter? Skin tone!
22. Favourite way to edit pics? Lighten, skin tone and sharpen
23. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? Full-time influencer
24. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? I started a blog 11 years ago and suddenly Instagram became the perfect add on
25. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? The location is always kind of random and a sudden inspiration and the editing and caption is 10-15 minutes
26. What’s your top Instagram tip? Use the “save” function! Mine is a complete moodboard for me to look back at in the days of low inspiration
27. Who takes your pics? Whomever I’m with – mostly my boyfriend or friends
28. Career highlight since being an influencer? My design collaborations – this time with Apercu
29. Career lowlight since being an influencer? The loneliness. I’m quite a social girl and get my energy from being around people, and in my job as an influencer, I spend a lot of time alone
30. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? Being a Maybelline girl was pretty cool!
31. Worst thing that’s happened to you on a photo shoot? Some photographers can be quite rude, but I’ve mostly had great experiences
32. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? All of the beauty products I get
33. Last thing you googled? “Lion King trailer”
34. Favourite film? ‘Spirited Away’
35. Favourite book? ‘Lolita’
36. Living in the city or living by the beach? In the city but being near water
37. Favourite travel destination? Italy!
38. Most Instagram-worthy spot? Sardinia
39. Top three essentials to pack when traveling? Headphones, sneakers, and a hat
40. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Dinner first then dancing!
41. Partner or single? I have a wonderful boyfriend
42. Siblings? I have a little sister and she’s my best friend in the whole wide world
43. What city are you currently living in? Copenhagen
44. Celebrity/influencer crush? Anthony from Queer Eye atm, he is adorable!
45. Pets? My little maltipoo Olga
46. What is your best asset? My Ultrafragola mirror by Ettore Sottsass
47. Biggest misconception about you and your job? Materialistic thinking
48. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @Decorhardcore, @wesandersonplanet, @annejohannsen, @maison_de_sable, @maggieontherocks
49. Favourite quote you live by? “Turn to the sun as a sunflower”
50. Top career tip? Stay kind and humble at all times.
All images: Marie Jedig