50 Questions with former ANTM Jordan Simek
It’s been over a year since we first sat down with Jordan Simek, but for round two – we couldn’t help but get her in for one of our Fast 50 chats. Joining the rapidly expanding Lifestyle division at MAXCONNECTORS, the past few months has seen Jordan build beyond her modelling career – including designing her own sleepwear collection with Le Rose and becoming an ambassador for vegan skincare brand Biologi. An example of yet another Australia’s Next Top Model graduate doing good things with her career post-show.
Having recently touched base with Jordan at the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia in Sydney, we decided it was high time to get the model/influencer back to Husskie HQ. Here, the model/influencer chats to the Husskie team about everything from being judged for being an influencer to how she got her start in Instablogging.
1. Age? 23
2. Height? 178/ 5ft10”
3. Best beauty product of all time? Biologi!
4. Five beauty products you can’t live without? BIOLOGI, MY HANDMADE SCRUB, CARMEX, BARE MINERALS COMPLEXION RESCUE BB CREAM, YSL LIP AND CHEEK TINT
5. Hair “done” or messy? Messy
6. Favourite fragrance? At the moment it is Velvet by Commodity (it’s men’s, haha)
7. Favourite item of clothing? White oversized tee – it’s sooo versatile!
8. Favourite fashion brand? Jacquemus, if only I could afford!
9. Gym or exercising outdoors? Both? Gym I get more done, but outdoors is so therapeutic
10. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Treating myself!
11. Can you cook? I’d like to think so
12. Favourite food to indulge in? Good bread and cheese from the markets
13. First thing you pick from the mini-bar? Red wine
14. Favourite hobby? Drawing
15. A strange fact about you that followers might not know? That I don’t know how to burp, haha!
16. Biggest fear? Drowning in a confined space
17. Blog or YouTube? YouTube
18. Iphone or camera? Iphone
19. Type of camera? Canon Powershot g7x
20. Lightroom or VSCO (or another phone app!)? Colourtone!
21. Favourite filter? Seychelles
22. Favourite way to edit pics? Light, bright and poppy!
23. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? Full-time influencer
24. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? As a model. It all began when I started modelling – then grew from there with the help of ‘Australia’s Next Top Model’ and shout-outs from brands
25. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? Not too long, I don’t think. Maybe like 5-10 mins depends how good the lighting in the original photo is
26. What’s your top Instagram tip? Don’t overthink it. Stick to what’s true to you and your brand image and the rest will flow naturally
27. Who takes your pics? Depends. Getting someone to take the photo is usually the hardest part! I try and team up with other social influencers to do a content creation day, or I take the photo myself (selfies or selftimer) or I get one of my girlfriends to help me out
28. Career highlight since being an influencer? The awesome people that I get to meet and the brands I get to work with. The opportunities are endless! I have to sometimes pinch myself with how blessed I have been
29. Career lowlight since being an influencer? People being quick to judge you about being an “influencer”. You almost get bullied from people if they find out you have a social media presence. They can be super nasty and think you just get everything given to you or think that it’s not a “real job” and that you don’t work hard. It’s sometimes not all what it’s cracked up to be
30. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? My JORDAN SIMEK X LE ROSE campaign! I was so, so proud to be shooting a campaign that was something that I also worked on personally
31. Worst thing that’s happened to you on a photo shoot? My eyelashes got ripped off because they used super glue not eyelash glue to stick the strip lashes on
32. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? It wasn’t a gift as such, but loaning a Mercedes for a month or so was so much fun!
33. Last thing you googled? “Free all day parking in Maroubra”
34. Favourite film? ‘Pretty Woman’
35. Favourite book? ‘The Tattooist’ of Auschwitz
36. Living in the city or living by the beach? Beach any day
37. Favourite travel destination? So far Italy. I haven’t travelled as much as I would like to
38. Most Instagram-worthy spot? Anywhere with good lighting!
39. Top three essentials to pack when traveling? Apart from the obvious… a good book, headphones, phone charger!
40. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Quiet dinner with friends
41. Partner or single? Single
42. Siblings? 4 brothers
43. What city are you currently living in? Sydney
44. Celebrity/influencer crush? Christian Hogue is literally perfect but knowing my luck he’s probably gay 😂
45. Pets? 2 – Indie (kelpie), Zoe (cocker spaniel)
46. What is your best asset? I would like to say my personality or my hair, haha
47. Biggest misconception about you and your job? People think I’m really stuck up before they meet me, haha! And with my job, they think it’s so glamorous and easy – which is definitely not the case. Every job has its pros and cons. I’m blessed of course, but it’s definitely not as easy as it looks
48. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? Cute doggo @tuckerbudzyn, for a laff @paulmarbo2019, style queen @pipedwards, another laff @theellenshow, artistic genius @cj_hendry
49. Favourite quote you live by? “Remember your worth”
50. Top career tip? Be patient, be kind, work hard, and never ever give up.
All images: Jordan Simek
Jordan is part of Australia’s leading beauty & lifestyle influencer agency Maxconnectors that represents some of the country’s top content creators.