50 Questions with Paige Arminta Watts
At Husskie, we often get asked how we choose who to feature on the site. And basically – it all comes down to creativity. Whether that’s in fashion, travel, beauty, or health – the more creative a feed is, the more the Husskie team is drawn to it. Which is exactly why we were keen to feature Paige Arminta Watts as soon as we came across her account.
Currently taking on the challenge of ‘movement’, Paige continually delivers a feed full of creative angles and poses using everything from her body and hair, as well as clothing and props (one of which includes a giant python – now that’s dedication to the art). And what’s even better, she often gives her followers a behind-the-scenes peek into exactly what went into creating the image. Hell yes.
Keen to get this imaginative talent onto Husskie, we reached out to Paige to take part in our latest Fast 50. Here, she opens up to the team about everything from her love of bodysuits to falling off a semi truck mid shot.
1. Age? 29
2. Height? 5’6″
3. Best beauty product of all time? I am not a HUGE beauty snob. I don’t know much about the world, but I do have lots and lots of love for Glossier!
4. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Anastasia Brow Gel, Glossier concealer, L’Oréal Mascara, Rosehip Triple C+E firming oil, Glossier highlighter
5. Hair “done” or messy? I love a good messy bun or pony! But for my shoots, I usually have my hair down and curled
6. Favourite fragrance? People will get a kick out of this, but I use Ed Hardy. I have used it since high school and I get compliments on it ALL the time
7. Favourite item of clothing? I love any type of bodysuit! Game changers
8. Favourite fashion brand? Zara
9. Gym or exercising outdoors? I hate the gym, but Utah gets cold. So gym in the winter. Love being outside in the summer!
10. Healthy eating or treating yourself? I do love to treat myself, but I don’t do it super often. I try to be a healthy eater most days
11. Can you cook? HAHA, NO!!
12. Favourite food to indulge in? Cookies
13. First thing you pick from the mini-bar? I don’t drink, so I’d go for the candy or chips (if they have those items, haha)
14. Favourite hobby? Boxing
15. A strange fact about you that followers might not know? I really love to sing, but I am not super good so I DO NOT sing for anyone
16. Biggest fear? N/A
17. Blog or YouTube? Blog
18. Iphone or camera? Camera
19. Type of camera? Canon
20. Lightroom or VSCO? Lightroom
21. Favourite filter? I don’t think I have one! 😐
22. Favourite way to edit pics? My photographer does the editing! But we go for the moody/contrasty vibe
23. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? JUST went full-time influencer
24. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? I just really love clothes and creating cool things. I started a while ago but just started to take it seriously in the last year and a half. So it started out as just a love for fashion and art
25. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? Depends! But average… 40 min?
26. What’s your top Instagram tip? BE CONSISTENT AND RELATABLE
27. Who takes your pics? Rachel Green Photo
28. Career highlight since being an influencer? When DVF reached out to me!! I was shocked!!
29. Career lowlight since being an influencer? Any time IG changes their algorithm! hahaha
30. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? I did a behind-the-scenes campaign with an app called Instasize. It was my favourite because it showcased ME and who I am. It showed my creative abilities and my personality. It was awesome
31. Worst thing that’s happened to you on a photo shoot? Well, I am always climbing on things and what-not. There was one shoot where I climb up on this semi-truck and fell pretty hard!
32. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? I honestly love receiving ANYTHING!! I am still shocked when I get a package in the mail
33. Last thing you googled? Cheap flights to NYC, hahaha
34. Favourite film? ‘The Proposal’
35. Favourite book? Currently: ‘The Subtle Art of not Giving a F***’
36. Living in the city or living by the beach? BEACH!
37. Favourite travel destination? Italy or Greece
38. Most Instagram-worthy spot? Santorini
39. Top three essentials to pack when traveling? Black jeans, black tank, Lululemon Align Leggings
40. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Quiet dinner with friends
41. Partner or single? Single
42. Siblings? 4
43. What city are you currently living in? Salt Lake City
44. Celebrity/influencer crush? I have three, don’t make me choose! Shawn Mendes, KJ Apa, Michael B. Jordan
45. Pets? I have a dog but she is currently living with my momma!
46. What is your best asset? My desire to create
47. Biggest misconception about you and your job? N/A
48. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? I am going to give you a good mix. Not just fashion accounts! Tezza, Chrissy Teigen, Marisa Hampe, Eliza Katoa (elizakatoa_fit), Jimmy Marble
49. Favourite quote you live by? So I saw this on Pinterest a while back, and am not sure where it comes from but I LOVE it… “Dear Lord. Today, I pray for things that money can’t buy. Remove the uncertainties, the fears and the doubts that try to cloud my mind. Uproot every toxic thing or person that has tried to halt my growth. Fill me with Your peace and help me to trust You way more than myself. Amen.”
50. Top career tip? Have the foundation of your business geared towards helping or inspiring people in some way. First have passion and love for what you are doing and who are you trying to help and then the money will follow.
All images: Paige Arminta