Surfer/model/style influencer… Brazilian-based Júlia Muniz Brandão is definitely one to be putting on your watch list in 2018. With one of those ridiculous bodies the Brazilians are famous for and a super cute sense of fashion, Júlia Muniz has managed to attract a following of over 170K on Instagram – and growing significantly on the daily.
Signed to Wilhemina International – one of the most prominent talent management agencies in the world – we pulled Júlia Muniz aside to talk everything from her favourite fashion and beauty buys to Insti tricks and tips.
1. Best beauty product of all time? Coconut oil
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Chapstick, coconut oil, argan oil, sunscreen and mascara!
3. Hair “done” or messy? Messy
4. Makeup or no makeup? No makeup!!
5. Favourite fragrance? Neroli 36 – le labo
6. Favourite item of clothing? Jean shorts
7. Favourite fashion brand? Class of Nowhere
8. Sneakers or heels? Sneakers
9. Gym or exercising outdoors? Exercising outdoors
10. Yoga or running? Yoga
11. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Both haha
12. Can you cook? Only desserts
13. Favourite food? Brigadeiro (Brazilian dessert)
14. Favourite drink? Water
15. Best place to eat out? I love Venice Beach, LA! The Butcher’s Daughter and Gjelina are AMAZING restaurants. But I also love McDonald’s, haha
16. Happiest moment? Whenever I’m with the people I love
17. Saddest moment? I don’t have one, I try to focus more on the happiest ones!
18. Instagram or Snapchat? Instagram
19. Blog or YouTube? YouTube
20. Iphone or camera? iPhone
21. Type of camera? Nikon
22. Facetune or untouched? Untouched!
23. Lightroom or VSCO? VSCO
24. Favourite filter? A4 – VSCO
25. Favourite way to edit pics? I use A4 + grains on VSCO!
26. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? I’m a model and influencer so I mostly work 24/7
27. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? When I started to do modelling jobs and posting the shoots
28. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? 5 mins
29. What’s your top Instagram tip? Be yourself, always!
30. Who takes your pics? Most of the time my friends/boyfriend or photographers
31. Career highlight since being an influencer? When I got signed with Wilhelmina
32. Career lowlight since being an influencer? I don’t have one
33. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? I literally love every campaign that I’ve done but one of the most special is Baja Bee since it was the launching campaign and we’ve worked together since the beginning
34. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? SURFBOARDS!
35. Last thing you googled? ‘Good Day’ lyrics looool
36. Favourite film? ‘13 Going On 30’
37. Favourite book? ‘The Power of Now’
38. Favourite song? ‘Hold Up’ – Beyonce
39. Favourite band? Fugees, Soja
40. Living in the city or living by the beach? By the beach
41. Favourite travel destination? Mexico
42. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Both
43. Partner or single? Partner <3
44. Siblings? Yes 2! One is 9 months old and one 3 years old
45. What city are you currently living in? Brazil – Espirito Santo
46. Celebrity crush? Pia Miller
47. Pets? No 🙁
48. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @xeniaoverdose, @gypsea_lust, @belenhostalet, @earthyandy, @thegoodquote
49. Favourite quote you live by? “Fly with your own wings”
50. Top career tip? Do what you love and you will never need to work again
All images: @juliamunizbr