50 Questions with lifestyle influencer Chloe Barry-Hang
By day she might be a Property Development Graduate at Lendlease, but by night – you’ll find Chloe Barry-Hang tinkering away at Instagram… that, or plotting her next travel adventure (of which there’s been many).
Discovering Chloe’s Instagram account via her recent trip to the Whitsundays with fellow influencers Tara Milk Tea and Li-Chi Pan, we were quick to hit the ‘Follow’ button after doing a little sticky beak through her account (and then hitting her up for an interview, of course!)
With over 100K followers on Instagram lapping up her rainbow-infused snippets of life, we thought Chloe was the perfect candidate for our latest Fast 50. Here, we chat to her about how she got started into Insta-blogging, who she’s been unfollowing, and how long it takes to create each picture found in her feed.
1. Best beauty product of all time? Urban Decay NAKED Palette, I’ve been obsessed with this since I bought my first one in 2012
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil (ultime8) – don’t know what I did without it for all these years, Nude by Nature Highlight Palette, NARS Liquid Illuminator (orgasm), Bondi Sands Mousse, and the Laura Mercier Silk Crème foundation
3. Hair “done” or messy? Messy after it’s been plaited the night before
4. Makeup or no makeup? Light makeup
5. Favourite fragrance? Common, but I still can’t find a better fragrance than the Chloé
6. Favourite item of clothing? Probably an old Sportsgirl dress that I found at Glebe markets!
7. Favourite fashion brand? Spell, Camilla, Brandy Melville and currently loving Poupette St Barth
8. Sneakers or heels? Converse, my go-to!
9. Gym or exercising outdoors? Is there an option for no exercise?
10. Yoga or running? See above^
11. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Treat yourself, always
12. Can you cook? Terrible at cooking, I still Google “how to cook pasta”
13. Favourite food? Ben and Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie Sundae with Hot Fudge and Whipped Crème
14. Favourite drink? Lemon Lime and Bitters – I crave them whenever I’m not in Australia
15. Best place to eat out? Din Tai Fung will always be my favourite
16. Happiest moment? The only time I’ve cried with joy is when my baby sister was born
17. Saddest moment? Losing my best friend
18. Instagram or Snapchat? Instagram!
19. Blog or YouTube? I love reading travel blogs!
20. Iphone or camera? Camera
21. Type of camera? Canon 70D!
22. VSCO cam or Snapseed? I love both, but I don’t think I could survive without Snapseed
23. Facetune or untouched? Don’t even have Facetune, always untouched. I have unfollowed a lot of people for overusing Facetune!
24. Favourite filter? The ‘S’ series in VSCO
25. Shooting on-the-go or location scouting? Location scouting
26. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? 9-5 job (is it ever 9-5 though?)
27. How did you get into Insta-blogging? Started travelling from a young age but when Instagram came about, I finally had a platform to share all my images!
28. Best piece of career advice you’ve received? Have confidence in your ability
29. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? I generally try and location scout for most of my photos to save time on the day as well as figure out what to wear. Editing will take about 10-15 minutes. Probably an hour or so in total
30. Who takes your pics? Whoever I’m with! My dad, grandfather and best friend are usually the ones that take them all!
31. Most exciting moment since being an influencer? Reaching 100K! ☺
32. Most terrifying moment since being an influencer? Constantly time management
33. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? I love working with tourism boards, my favourite trips have been with Tourism Whitsundays and Tourism Northern Territory
34. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? I love working with brands who I’ve always bought from – my favourite gifts have recently been earrings from By Charlotte, Spell dresses and Tigerlily bikinis
35. Last thing you googled? What to do if a whale is beached… long story
36. Favourite film? I always laugh at the ‘Social Network’, favourite TV series is ‘Veronica Mars’
37. Favourite book? One that I read when I was 11 – ‘Does My Head Look Big in This?’ Randa Abdel-Fattah
38. Favourite song? ‘Ignition’ by R Kelly or ‘For What It’s Worth’ by Kygo & Angus & Julia Stone
39. Favourite band? Oh Wonder (I’m seeing them for the first time this month!!) or the Waifs
40. Living in the city or living by the beach? City, but Sydney gives the best of both worlds
41. Favourite travel destination? Russia, Philippines and Laos
42. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Dinner with friends followed by dancing to old-school
43. Partner or single? On-again, off-again boyfriend of six years ☺
44. Siblings? Three and I’m the eldest
45. What city are you currently living in? Sydney
46. Celebrity girl crush? I admire Angela Merkel, I think she is tolerant but strong
47. Celebrity boy crush? Not a celebrity or a crush haha but someone I respect is my favourite economist – Ross Gittins, he’s so sassy. Bernie Sanders would be a close second!
48. Pets? Pet rabbit who I’m obsessed with
49. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @TinyGentleAsians, @Tuulavintage, @GabiMulder, @FuckJerry, and @PrincessandtheTinyP
50. Favourite quote you live by? Cliché but I believe it runs true – “Everything happens for a reason…”
All images: @chloe_bh