Permanently travelling the world with partner Uros [from Your Passage], Lara Kamnik has made a career out of her Instagram and blog – Your Passport. One look at her incredible imagery, and it’s easy to see why this travel influencer is amassing a dedicated following.
With the couple currently adventuring around Sri Lanka and about to head to the Amalfi Coast (what a life, right?!), we tracked Lara down to find out everything there is to know about the creator behind @your_passport…
1. Best beauty product of all time? H2O
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? L’Occitane lip balm, Keune Silver Reflex shampoo, Bioderma cleansing gel, M.A.C Gold Deposit blusher, and a toothbrush
3. Hair “done” or messy? Pretty much messy
4. Makeup or no makeup? Makeup
5. Favourite fragrance? Giorgio Armani Beauty Sì Eau de Parfum Intense
6. Favourite item of clothing? My newest dress from Bliss Bandits – you will see me wearing it on our upcoming trip to Amalfi Coast
7. Favourite fashion brand? Actually, I am not loyal to any in particular… but Urban Outfitters is high up on the list
8. Sneakers or heels? Barefoot all day every day
9. Gym or exercising outdoors? Outdoors, absolutely
10. Yoga or running? Dancing? 🙂
11. Healthy eating or treating yourself? It is always about balancing both!
12. Can you cook? After eating like the queen of Fatland in all the luxurious resorts we stayed at lately, I certainly do not feel like I know how to cook anymore
13. Favourite food? 100% Italian
14. Favourite drink? Coffee. 6,057,732 times per day
15. Best place to eat out? By the sea and preferably when the sun goes down. I am a romantic soul
16. Happiest moment? When I met Uroš and he made me happiest traveling with me ever since
17. Saddest moment? N/A
18. Instagram or Snapchat? Instagram
19. Blog or YouTube? Blog
20. Iphone or camera? Always camera
21. Type of camera? A Nikon DSLR
22. VSCO cam or Snapseed? Neither, I use Lightroom, but if I had to choose I would go for the VSCO
23. Facetune or untouched? Maybe I am grandma, but I have no idea which is what, HA-HA. First time I hear, pls somebody explain!
24. Favourite filter? My own. Stay tuned, I will be selling them in the near future!
25. Shooting on-the-go or location scouting? On-the-go, as we go
26. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? Full-time influencer. That’s a good one. You really need to learn how to schedule your days – quite frustrating!
27. How did you get into blogging? Actually, it was my family’s gift to me. I use to work as a flight attendant and when I got that job, my family surprised me with a blog! That is because I was a journalist before, so they told me in order not to forget about writing I should keep a blog about all my journeys when cruising those skies. But I never got a chance to write it then with the new exciting lifestyle I had going on. Finally when I quit the job, I took the time to start doing the things I loved most (they know me too well!) – combining both (travel and writing)… and look how it is turning out! Pretty exciting! 🙂
28. Best piece of career advice you’ve received? Be persistent
29. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? It really depends. It can be anything from 10 minutes to a whole week. The lighting is crucial
30. Who takes your pics? My boyfriend @your_passage – go check him out! I take his 😉
31. Most exciting moment since being an influencer? I am not even going to try hiding my enthusiasm: WHEN I SAW AN ELEPHANT. A horde of 20! Although, not sure if they knew I am an influencer 🙂 Truthfully, every day is exciting! First as you hit 20k, then when you hit 1000 likes per photo, your first collabs, when you get your first gifts, then first sponsored posts, when the brands you love contact you, when you get published in a magazine or Husskie.com! 🙂 etc. It is always exciting, every day brings something new!
32. Most terrifying moment since being an influencer? How to answer all the emails! Looking for an assistant SOON, hehe…
33. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? I am always very selective about who I work with, trying to keep things sincere. So, I’d have to say each and every one was awesome to be part of
34. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? The kindness and support from my brilliant followers
35. Last thing you googled? Husskie.com
36. Favourite film? ‘The Martian’ was one of the best for me
37. Favourite book? It has to be travel related!
38. Favourite song? The one that goes: “Everywhere you go, always take the weather with you…” Crowded House
39. Favourite band? Any with tropical vibes
40. Living in the city or living by the beach? Always by the beach
41. Favourite travel destination? Our latest – Sri Lanka really delivered
42. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Like food, you gotta balance this too. Life is all about balancing
43. Partner or single? @your_passage <3
44. Siblings? Older brother – he is 2 meters tall!
45. What city are you currently living in? We are based in Koper Slovenia, but traveling the world most of our time
46. Celebrity girl crush? Leonie Hanne from @ohhcouture is seriously cool!
47. Celebrity boy crush? Not a crush, but an inspiration – Jacob Riglin @jacob
48. Pets? We will own a dog once we settle!
49. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @your_passage @kimijuan @mvandersluis @hbgoodie @nellyvels
50. Favourite quote you live by? “Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows”
All images: @your_passport