You’d be hard pressed to find an Instagram shot of lifestyle influencer Montana Lower without a grin on her face. In fact, when asked about her saddest moment – she just left it blank while admitting she has a “happiest moment” every day. Through every post and every smile – Montana’s Insti is helping inspire a movement of positivity, of being happy within oneself and a focus on inner strengths.
Part-time model, just-graduated civil/environmental engineer and self-confessed dork – Montana brings a zest to life that has fans flocking to her feed. So just what is it about Montana that’s fast putting her on the one-to-watch list? Here, we find out as she joins us for our latest Fast 50 – chatting everything from favourite burger joints to shooting on Polaroids.
1. Best beauty product of all time? Maaemo organic Vitalize Elixir. It’s everything
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? NAK Styling and Volume Dry Shampoo, CosMedix Vitamin A Serum, SurfMud Zinc, Frank Body Scrub and Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser if I’m feeling fancy
3. Hair “done” or messy? Messy. I have no other choice, ha!
4. Makeup or no makeup? No makeup… unless I have to!
5. Favourite fragrance? Black Orchard Tom Ford
6. Favourite item of clothing? Feeling feminine: Anything by Chasing Unicorns. Feeling tomboy: A good pair of overalls
7. Favourite fashion brand? Chasing Unicorns – hands down
8. Sneakers or heels? Bare foot 🙂
9. Gym or exercising outdoors? Outdoors… what is a gym?!
10. Yoga or running? Yoga. Slow, purposeful movements. Yes
11. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Bit of both!
12. Can you cook? If I have the time
13. Favourite food? At the moment, pancakes
14. Favourite drink? Water … haha. Or a good green smoothie based on mango!
15. Best place to eat out? Main Street Burger in Byron is my favourite at the moment
16. Happiest moment? I have them every day. At the moment it would have to be walking out of my last exam for university!!
17. Saddest moment? …
18. Instagram or Snapchat? Instagram… never did the whole Snapchat thing
19. Blog or YouTube? I don’t use either of these things
20. Iphone or camera? A good film camera > everything
21. Type of camera? Tbh my wide film Polaroid!!
22. Facetune or untouched? Untouched
23. Lightroom or VSCO (or another phone apps!)? I like Snapseed
24. Favourite filter? Don’t really use them
25. Favourite way to edit pics? Contrast ++, saturation ++. I like things bright and colourful because that’s the way I see the world!
26. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? Ohhh I wouldn’t really call it that. But full time creator – yes please
27. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? I just started sharing pieces of my world and it happened
28. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? 2 seconds 🙂 a moment is a moment
29. What’s your top Instagram tip? Be you
30. Who takes your pics? Haha, a bit of everyone!
31. Career highlight since being a model? I recently flew to Hawaii with Billabong US and had the most lovely time surfing and hanging with the girls there
32. Career lowlight since being a model? /
33. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? There’s been a few special ones! But Billabong was my favourite to date
34. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? The friendships I’ve made through the whole thing.. corny but true
35. Last thing you googled? Probably dogs d
36. Favourite film? ‘Vicky Cristina Barcelona’!
37. Favourite book? ‘Even cowgirls get the blues’ – Tom Robbins
38. Favourite song? ‘Gypsy Queen’ – Van Morrison
39. Favourite band? Generationals
40. Living in the city or living by the beach? Beach. Forever.
41. Favourite travel destination? I loved Sri Lanka
42. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Quiet dinner by the fire, mmmm
43. Partner or single? I have the sweeeetest boyfriend!
44. Siblings? Three older brothers
45. Where are you currently living? Byron Bay
46. Celebrity crush? Bradley Cooper… or James Franco. Hahah
47. Pets? Have grown up with them! But life’s a bit too all over the place at the moment to have them 🙁
48. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @chasing_unicorns, @art_for_breakfast, @sundays_are_for_lovers, @beautaplin, and .., hahah. Wait for it… but @torrenmartyn (regardless of whether you’re my boyfriend or not, you’re still my favourite person to watch!!)
49. Favourite quote you live by? Not every day is good, but there’s something good in every day
50. Top career tip? Find what makes you THRIVE. Go with that.
All images: @montanalower