A self-described dreamer, explorer and free-spirit, Oregon-based creative Alivia Latimer has carved out a pathway in life that sees her living our idea of a dreamy existence – getting to travel the world as a freelance photographer and social media influencer. But it’s not luck that has seen this one arrive at destination bliss – you only need take one look at her feed to see why she’s managed to capture the attention of over 100K followers on Instagram. Grid goals.
And it’s not only her Insti feed that has us a little overly obsessed – Alivia also has a YouTube channel that is the perfect mixture of helpfulness and hilariousness. She good.
Grabbing Alivia aside from carving out her creative domination, we pinned her down (metaphorically not literally) to chat everything from how she got her start to favourite Instagram-worthy spots (plus everything in between).
1. Best beauty product of all time? Saje Essential Oil Face Refresher
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Saje Essential Oils, Lush Angels on Bare Skin, LeLabo Santal, Burt’s Bees Honey Chapstick, and Benefit Erase Cream
3. Hair “done” or messy? Messy
4. Favourite fragrance? LeLabo’s Santal 33!
5. Favourite item of clothing? Madewell’s Perfect Summer Jean
6. Favourite fashion brand? Madewell
7. Sneakers or heels? Sneakers
8. Gym or exercising outdoors? Outdoors alllll the way!
9. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Healthy eating
10. Can you cook? Does avocado toast count?
11. Favourite food to indulge in? Definitely ice cream (plant-based, of course)
12. First thing you pick from the mini-bar? A water bottle, for sure!
13. Best place to eat out? Virtuous Pie in Portland – best vegan pizza!
14. Happiest moment? Experiencing Iceland for the first time
15. Saddest moment? Leaving Iceland
16. Blog or YouTube? YouTube… youtube.com/alivialatimer ;)
17. Iphone or camera? The power of the iPhone is a mighty thing. I just released my iPhone editing workshop too – alivialatimer.co/workshop
18. Type of camera? Canon 5d Mark IV
19. Facetune or untouched? Untouched, always
20. Lightroom or VSCO? Lightroom allll the way!
21. Favourite filter? No filters, I make my own :)
22. Favourite way to edit pics? Warm tones all day!
23. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? Full-time travel blogger and photographer
24. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? I decided I wanted to see the world and I knew Instagram could help me do it – so I started posting photos that looked like that of a travel blogger and it all unfolded from there
25. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? Probably about 10-15 minutes of actual shooting, then 20 minutes of editing and perfecting for the Gram
26. What’s your top Instagram tip? Quality over quantity!
27. Who takes your pics? My sweet and talented boyfriend! :)
28. Career highlight since being an influencer? Getting to travel to Portugal to work on a big commercial campaign
29. Career lowlight since being an influencer? Always having to be on my phone
30. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? Being a part of a travel video series with Alaska Airlines and Darling Magazine
31. Worst thing that’s happened to you on a photo shoot? I sat on a cactus once
32. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? Honestly, my couch! Haha
33. Last thing you googled? ‘How to be a badass’
34. Favourite film? ‘Moonrise Kingdom’
35. Favourite book? ‘The Four Hour Workweek’
36. Favourite song? ‘Oceans Away’ by A R I Z O N A
37. Living in the city or living by the beach? The beach, pleeeeease!
38. Favourite travel destination? Iceland or Thailand…or maybe Africa? AHHH
39. Most Instagram-worthy spot? The California coastline – nothing better
40. Top three essentials to pack when traveling? Hand sanitizer, water bottle, snacks
41. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Quiet dinner with friends, always!
42. Partner or single? Taken 🙂
43. Siblings? Two
44. What city are you currently living in? Portland, OR
45. Celebrity crush? Paul Klein of LANY
46. Pets? Nope!
47. What is your best asset? My work ethic
48. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @jacimariesmith, @allegraroseb, @bohemegoods, @judahsmith, and @doyoutravel
49. Favourite quote you live by? ”Live life… don’t just exist!”
50. Top career tip? Advertise what you want to get hired for.
All images: Alivia Latimer