Beginning her Instagram journey as a way to make her “feed look good”, Livelyus lifestyle influencer Gisy Balasch has managed to do just that… bringing with her over 149K followers for the ride. A perfect curation of grid placement sees Gisy’s feed deliver a complementary fusion of travel and style – and has a suddenly wishing to purchase a one way ticket to Europe with no plans of return.
Here, we track the Barcelona content creator down for our latest Fast 50 – chatting to her about everything from pic edits, to career highlights, to shoot mishaps.
1. Best beauty product of all time? Tarte Shape Tape Concealer
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Every face mist I own!
3. Hair “done” or messy? Always messy!
4. Favourite fragrance? Bon Bon by Viktor & Rolf
5. Favourite item of clothing? Any kind of striped blazer
6. Favourite fashion brand? I.Am.Gia. at the moment
7. Sneakers or heels? Sneakers all the time
8. Gym or exercising outdoors? I like the gym a lot – it helps me to stay focused
9. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Treating myself, food is life for me
10. Can you cook? No, but I’ve been getting so much better in the last year since I moved out by myself!
11. Favourite food to indulge in? Peanut butter cookies
12. First thing you pick from the mini-bar? Pringlesssss
13. Best place to eat out? Los Angeles & Barcelona – they’ve got so many delicious healthy places
14. Happiest moment? When I visit the beach where I use to spend my summer times when I was a kid
15. Saddest moment? Every time I’ve lost someone close to me
16. Blog or YouTube? Blog!
17. Iphone or camera? Forever a camera girl
18. Type of camera? Canon eos 6d
19. Facetune or untouched? Untouched but lots of Lightroom masks to make the picture pretty, haha
20. Lightroom or VSCO? LIGHTROOM!!!!!
21. Favourite filter? I use my own presets, but I get so much inspo from other accounts such as @collagevintage or @tezzamb
22. Favourite way to edit pics? Warm tones and pastel hues
23. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? 9-5 job – I just got a master in fashion marketing
24. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? I never thought of Instablogging, I just wanted to make my feed look good back in the day, haha
25. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? More time than you’d ever think!
26. What’s your top Instagram tip? Always create content you adore and think is the best – if you’re not sure about your content, people won’t be either
27. Who takes your pics? My sister, cause she just knows what I like
28. Career highlight since being an influencer? The highlight is to get so many nice messages everyday that keep me going
29. Career lowlight since being an influencer? Having to be at your best and inspired all the time
30. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? Getting to partner with Karl Lagerfeld
31. Worst thing that’s happened to you on a photo shoot? Dropping ice cream on a lady in a white dress (it was horrible)
32. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? The gift of travel (awwwww how cheesy Gisy)
33. Last thing you googled? Am I having a stroke if I’ve laughed so hard and now my head hurts?
34. Favourite film? ‘Moulin Rouge’
35. Favourite book? ‘One Day’
36. Favourite song? Omgggg it feels like choosing a favourite kid!
37. Living in the city or living by the beach? By the beach any time
38. Favourite travel destination? NYC
39. Most Instagram-worthy spot? Every corner in Paris
40. Top three essentials to pack when traveling? An UMBRELLA!, makeup zip bags otherwise your beauty products won’t fly with you, and comfy shoes
41. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Quiet dinner with friends
42. Partner or single? Singleton!!!
43. Siblings? A lil sis
44. What city are you currently living in? Sunny Barcelona
45. Celebrity crush? Blake Lively since forever
46. Pets? My cat Lucky (crazy cat-lady in the making)
47. What is your best asset? My creative mindset
48. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @collagevintage @belenhostalet @lovelypepa @tezzamb @thefashionfraction
49. Favourite quote you live by? Where there’s a will, there’s a way
50. Top career tip? Always look at how at how far you’ve come whenever you’re down – it always works like a charm…
All images: LivelyUs