Bookonin by Naomi-Jane Adam’s Instagram account reads like something straight out of a fairytale. Think pastel, postcard-perfect snapshots of the most lush corners of the world – with an immensely ethereal feel. Her account weaves imagery into an incredible story of globetrotting – one that you will definitely rub your eyes for a few times to believe it’s real.
Currently fixed on firm ground in London, Naomi is gearing to soon grace everywhere from Israel to Mykonos. Swoon. Today, we chat with the luxury travel influencer about all things beauty, quick-fire would you rathers, and, of course, making it on the ‘gram. Start the clock, here’s Naomi’s Fast 50.
1. Best beauty product of all time? Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Elemis Marine Cream, Clarins Tinted Moisturizer, Mica Beauty Exfoliating Gel, Redken Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner
3. Hair “done” or messy? Hair done. I would love to master the messy look, however, I end up looking like Monica from ‘Friends’ when they went to Barbados
4. Makeup or no makeup? I’m normally no makeup – just some tinted moisturiser
5. Favourite fragrance? YSL Black Opium or Armani Code
6. Favourite item of clothing? PJs
7. Favourite fashion brand? Dior / Michael Kors
8. Sneakers or heels? Sneakers (barefoot on holiday). I love heels – I own so many, but I don’t wear them I just look at them 🙂
9. Gym or exercising outdoors? I’m bad at exercising – I get this from travelling and exploring outdoors
10. Yoga or running? Yoga, although some moves I can’t do because of a long-running arm injury from being an international gymnast in my youth
11. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Both!
12. Can you cook? Yeh, but I choose to say ‘no’! My boyfriend is Greek, so a much better cook 🙂
13. Favourite food? Greek/Mediterranean/Sushi
14. Favourite drink? Anything Spicy or a Mojito!
15. Best place to eat out? In Greece!
16. Happiest moment? Meeting my boyfriend in Greece
17. Saddest moment? I can’t talk about it, but I was in abusive relationship when I was younger. I probably would not be here today other than the fact I woke up one morning and said to my family and emergency services and police – it’s time I want out!
18. Instagram or Snapchat? Instagram
19. Blog or YouTube? YouTube. Although I don’t produce much on this platform, I watch other creatives all the time here!
20. Iphone or camera? iPhone – it’s my life
21. Type of camera? Canon 1D or Sony A7 Mirrorless
22. Facetune or untouched? Both! I don’t really do any selfies, but use the app for lighting
23. Lightroom or VSCO? Lightroom
24. Favourite filter? I use my own
25. Favourite way to edit pics? Always bright
26. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? Both, which may surprise people 🙂
27. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? Being an advisor for travel companies and tourism boards around 10 years ago is when I first took off on social media platforms (Facebook pages at that time)
28. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? Anything from 1 hour to 10 hours. I’m the ultimate perfectionist. I can look at the same photo all day in 4 different edits – so sad!
29. What’s your top Instagram tip? Be authentic. I see so many people try and copy the same place, pose and outfit! How can you be defined as a creative and be in demand when you don’t have any ideas yourself?
30. Who takes your pics? Myself, sometimes my partner, and a lot of photographers reach out to me for collabs
31. Career highlight since being an influencer? I can’t tell you yet… but coming soon
32. Career lowlight since being an influencer? Always the horrible messages. I take a lot of it to heart!
33. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? So many I can’t pick
34. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? I have a few designer bag goodies 🙂
35. Last thing you googled? The place I am staying at next
36. Favourite film? ‘Pretty Woman’
37. Favourite book? I love the author Sidney Sheldon
38. Favourite song? 2Pac ‘Changes’
39. Favourite band? TLC was my fave group
40. Living in the city or living by the beach? Living by the beach
41. Favourite travel destination? Greece
42. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Dinner with friends
43. Partner or single? Partner
44. Siblings? 2 brothers
45. What city are you currently living in? London
46. Celebrity crush? Ryan Philllipe, Brad Pitt, George Clooney
47. Pets? 4 cats!
48. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @ohhcouture, @travel_inhershoes, @effortlyss, @sam_kolder and @snowflakesfairy
49. Favourite quote you live by? “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page”
50. Top career tip? Be authentic and always put yourself in the third person… what does my reader want to know or see from my content?