50 Questions: Saasha Burns steps into the firing line
Saasha Burns has one of those Instagram accounts that makes you want to hop into the feed and share her enviable life. Featuring a mix of super-cute outfits, dreamy travel destinations and polished lifestyle shots, the Straat Stories blogger has used her Instagram feed to document her appreciation of effortless style, beauty and the great outdoors.
Agreeing to undertake a slew of quick-fire questions for the second of Husskie’s regular 50 Questions series (click here to see the first one Husskie did with beauty YouTuber Lauren Curtis), Saasha reveals all on the person behind the posts.
1. Best beauty product of all time? Chantecaillle Just Skin Anti-Smog Tinted Moisturiser SPF 15 is my absolute favourite beauty product from Mecca! I even wore it on my wedding day as my foundation
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Bioderma Crealine H2O Solution Micellaire Cleanser, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard, KEVIN.MURPHY Hydrate-Me Wash, Goldwell Blondes & Highlights 60 Sec treatment, and Blistex
3. Hair “done” or messy? I’m loving natural beach hair at the moment…
4. Blondes or brunettes? I’m a blondie 🙂
5. Makeup or no makeup? LOVE wearing no makeup!
6. Statement eye or statement lip? Statement lip. My favourite red is Tom Ford Ruby Rush
8. Favourite item of clothing? My black leather Acne jacket
10. Sneakers or heels? Both!
11. Dress or jeans? I live in jeans! I also love summery dresses…
12. Bikini or one piece? Always love a black one piece
13. Gym or exercising outdoors? Outdoors, always!
14. Yoga or running? Hot yoga. I need to get back into running…
15. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Healthy eating, but anything really in moderation. I live around the corner from Messina Gelato, which can be pretty dangerous in summer!!
16. Can you cook? I wish. I can make a good spaghetti filled with veggies though
17. Favourite food? MANGOES! And seafood…
18. Favourite drink? Champagne, haha!
19. Best place to eat out? Obsessed with Supernormal at the moment. Their lobster rolls are SO GOOD!
20. Coffee or tea? Double espresso
21. Happiest moment? Marrying Sammy in beautiful Positano in September surrounded by our closest family and friends. A dream come true!
22. Saddest moment? Losing our childhood Corgi, Duchess
23. Instagram or Snapchat? Instragram
24. Blog or YouTube? Blog
25. Iphone or camera? Iphone in Melbourne, Sony A6000 when I travel
26. Favourite filter? VSCO 03 / Legacy – I love black and white pics!
27. VSCO cam or Snapseed? VSCO cam
28. Facetune or untouched? Untouched
29. Instagram husband or friends taking your picture? My husband Sammy takes the best photos.
30. Most exciting moment since being an influencer? Being creative every single day and working with some incredible Australian designers
31. Most terrifying moment since being an influencer? Stepping out of my comfort zone
32. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? Most of my favourite jobs have been shoots working with an incredible team. When everyone is relaxed and inspired the whole day is a success. Being by the beach always helps
33. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? The kindness of so many people has genuinely blown me away. I always love a thoughtful, handwritten note
34. Favourite film? Legends of the Fall, The Notebook, Pretty Woman, Thelma and Louise, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off…
35. Favourite book? Memoirs of a Geisha
36. Favourite song? I walked down the aisle to Holocene by Bon Iver. Would love to go back to that moment
37. Favourite band? RÜFÜS
38. Living in the city or living by the beach? BEACH! I need to move to Byron…
39. Summer or winter? Endless summer
40. Ocean or swimming pool? Ocean always.
41. Favourite travel destination? Palm Springs is on my mind. Positano is pure magic
42. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Dinner with friends
43. Partner or single? Newlywed 🙂
44. Siblings? Younger sister and brother
45. What city are you currently living in? Melbourne
46. Celebrity girl crush? Margaret Zhang is seriously cool
47. Celebrity boy crush? Always Brad Pitt haha!
48. Pets? Dallas our cute-as-a-button British Shorthair kitten and “Minnie” Minnesota, our cheeky husky
50. Favourite quote you live by? Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain