There’s really nothing like some perfectly tousled blonde wavy locks to have you notching up some serious #hairgoals points this event season. Team it with a headband or scarf, and you’ve got us signed, sealed and sold. Which is why at Husskie HQ, we’re just a little obsessed with Natalie Roser’s ‘do for this year’s Melbourne Cup – created via hair maestro Joey Scandizzo.
With Joey and ELEVEN Australia on-hand to get influencers ready for this year’s Spring Racing Carnival, the team were found deep in The Birdcage wielding tongs and Dry Shampoo to whip up everything from Rebecca Judd’s Derby Day soft waves to Rozalia Russian’s Melbourne Cup voluminous pony. But the creme de la creme would have to be Natalie’s beachy waves. Top score.
Discussing the look, Joey tells Husskie: “This is a great look for an event – it’s soft and natural-looking and perfect for a headband. It’s a large silhouette, but away from your face – so it keeps your look fresh.”
Below, Joey talks us through the exact 8 steps to get the look:
- Apply ‘ELEVEN Australia Miracle Hair Treatment’ to damp hair
- Apply ‘I Want Body Volume Spray’ through mid lengths to ends
- Using a large round brush, blow dry hair creating lift at the roots and roll hair under to create waves through the mid lengths
- Part hair down the centre, use a medium size hot tong, take 2 inch sections and wrap hair around leaving the very ends out
- Leave hair in its wave and allow to cool
- Spray with ‘Give me Hold Flexible Hairspray’ and break up waves using a wide tooth comb
- Rake hair away from the face and place headband on, making sure it sits more forward than back
- Once hair is in place, spray ‘I Want Body Volume Spray’ through mid lengths and ends to create more volume and texture.