50 Questions with Hannalicious’ Hanna Friberg
Growing up outside Norrköping, later Västerås, and now living in Stockholm, Swedish blogger and designer Hanna Friberg has been part of the digital fashion scene since first launching her Hannalicious blog in 2008. Now, she divides her time between creating content for the blog and her Instagram account of the same name, and getting involved in design gigs for renowned fashion companies including Nakd Fashion and Ideal Sweden.
With a wardrobe evoking serious clothing envy and a feed that has us intrigued as to life outside the Gram, we decided to pull Hanna aside for our latest Fast 50. Here, she chats to Husskie about everything from her first big campaign to overcoming feelings of being lost.
1. Best beauty product of all time? Top Secrets All-in-one BB cream from YSL
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Hairtalk Extensions, St.Tropez Self-tanning Lotion (I live in Sweden), Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade, Clarins Lipgloss, Too Faced Bronzing Powder
3. Hair “done” or messy? ”Done” but with a look like I have not put an effort in it… but I have 😉
4. Favourite fragrance? Si by Armani
5. Favourite item of clothing? I am obsessed with jackets – I think I have like 70 of them, haha
6. Favourite fashion brand? I love to mix and match high end and low end – but I only buy expensive accessories. I do have a hard time buying more pricy clothes since I get tired of clothing so quickly and easily. So therefore I’d say Chanel bags and Zara clothes
7. Gym or exercising outdoors? Exercising outdoors is my favourite. Going hiking and running in the mountains or on the beach is the best – and it’s great when you combine enjoying nature and exercising
8. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Healthy eating 80%, treating myself 20%. I eat a lot of healthy food but I also love treating myself now and then
9. Can you cook? More and more. I do have a few dishes that I can make that are really good. Other than that, let’s say I have a hard time following recipes!
10. Favourite food to indulge in? My special sweet potato salad! It’s delicious
11. First thing you pick from the mini-bar? The dark chocolate or Champagne
12. Best place to eat out? I love hours of brunching or late night dinners with my girlfriends. And I usually go for Italian or Asian fusion when going out. I love the concept of ‘sharing is caring’. Restaurants that offers small dishes to share are my absolute favourite
13. Happiest moment? When I’m in the sun – laying on the beach in one of my own designed bikinis
14. Saddest moment? When I am away for too long from my beautiful apartment in Stockholm or the moments I doubt myself
15. Blog or YouTube? I can’t pick!!!! If you asked me a year ago, I would have said blog – but today, maybe YouTube. I feel like you get a better picture of someone following them on YouTube
16. Iphone or camera? All my pictures recently have been through my Iphone. I feel like your phone does create a different feeling from an actual camera, which I like
17. Type of camera? N/a
18. Facetune or untouched? Untouched
19. Lightroom or VSCO? Lightroom!!!
20. Favourite filter? I always create my own – I never just pick one
21. Favourite way to edit pics? I love darker photos
22. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? Full-time influencer
23. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? I started 10 years ago as a fun thing and then it just kept growing from there
24. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? Omg, that can be from one shot to 200…
25. What’s your top Instagram tip? Find your own thing. Be special. Be you.
26. Who takes your pics? My mum or friends
27. Career highlight since being an influencer? Once I got to start designing for other brands/ companies
28. Career lowlight since being an influencer? End of summer last year I didn’t feel very well. I started to compare myself with others and felt very lost. But then I decided to go to Los Angeles for 3 months and start fresh and I am so glad for that today
29. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? Hmm, I got sent to Australia a few years ago for several months to take pictures for Aussie Hair’s Instagram. It was so much fun and it was special to me because it was my first big campaign. Everybody thought I had the absolute dream job, me included! This was when I first started to earn money from my blog and Instagram
30. Worst thing that’s happened to you on a photo shoot? I was shooting autumn/winter in a hot, humid and rainy Hong Kong. Do I have to explain myself more than that? Haha. It was raining and boiling hot at the same time. I also remember one time shooting Brooklyn Bridge in New York. We were supposed to have a takeaway coffee in the picture, but once getting out on the bridge, we realised we forgot it – so the photographer started looking for one in the bin next to us. Found one and gave it to me. What happens? 5 minutes in, I accidently spill it all over my dress….
31. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? Trips to all of these unique places… but I’m still waiting on a collaboration with Chanel – then that would be my number one!
32. Last thing you googled? Luxury Villas in Turks and Caicos, I wanna go there so badly!!!!!
33. Favourite film? ‘Titanic’ – haha, I am a Leonardo Dicaprio fan
34. Favourite book? ‘50 shades of Grey’ from Christian Grey’s perspective
35. Favourite song? Right now: ‘High on life’ with Martin Garrix
36. Living in the city or living by the beach? Living in the city with a vacation home on the beach
37. Favourite travel destination? South Africa or New York
38. Most Instagram-worthy spot? Los Angeles
39. Top three essentials to pack when traveling? Alo’s work-out clothes, sunglasses, and my own hair dryer from Dyson
40. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Right now – dinner with friends, but not sure how quiet I want them to be!
41. Partner or single? Single
42. Siblings? One younger sister – two year’s younger
43. What city are you currently living in? Stockholm, Sweden
44. Celebrity/influencer crush? Ryan Reynolds
45. Pets? Agda, the cutest dog ever
46. What is your best asset? My positive mind and energy
47. Biggest misconception about you and your job? That I don’t work that much and just live a glamorous luxury life without doing anything
48. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? Matildadjerf, Jshealth, Xeniaadonts, Latenightinparis, and Johannaeolsson
49. Favourite quote you live by? “The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive.”
50. Top career tip? Work on your brand everyday.
All images: Hannalicious