You know those girls who always seem to be having fun in their Insti feed – so much so that you kinda wish you could track them down and force your way into their squad? London-based travel, fashion and beauty blogger and influencer Deniz Colak is one of those. Whether she’s hanging out on the streets with pals, grabbing a coffee or a bite to eat, or hitting up the shops – whatever the activity, Deniz makes it look likes it’s a hellova good time.
But while we’re not stalking her down with squad demands [just yet], we have hit her up for our latest Fast 50 – talking everything from getting her start as a full-time influencer to Instagram tricks and tips.
1. Best beauty product of all time? Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector – changed my life!
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Concealer, hair serum, face moisturiser, nude lip liner, mascara
3. Hair “done” or messy? Messy
4. Makeup or no makeup? Makeup that looks like no makeup
5. Favourite fragrance? I have many – using Burberry Black at the moment, such a winter fragrance!
6. Favourite item of clothing? Perfectly fitted jeans. They make any outfit good!
7. Favourite fashion brand? Chloe
8. Sneakers or heels? Sneakers and heels
9. Gym or exercising outdoors? Definitely gym, even though I much prefer exercising outdoors – I just cannot discipline myself
10. Yoga or running? Yoga
11. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Healthy eating – nothing tastes as good as skinny does!
12. Can you cook? I believe I can
13. Favourite food? French fries
14. Favourite drink? Matcha soya latte
15. Best place to eat out? In and Out Burger!!!
16. Happiest moment? When I moved to New York
17. Saddest moment? When my Dad got sick
18. Instagram or Snapchat? Instagram
19. Blog or YouTube? Blog
20. Iphone or camera? Iphone and camera
21. Type of camera? Mark III… is just so good
22. Facetune or untouched? Definitely untouched
23. Lightroom or VSCO? Lightroom
24. Favourite filter? Love 06 on VSCO and my new Lightroom presets!!
25. Favourite way to edit pics? Lightroom + VSCO + Afterlight + Mextures (looong process)
26. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? Full-time influencer
27. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? Started doing it in October 2016, received a collab email… and it all started
28. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? Probably each gets about an hour of editing
29. What’s your top Instagram tip? In a world so fake, use the real you. Always be yourself and pop your quirkiness!
30. Who takes your pics? This is the question everyone asks, haha! My friends – thank you guys for being awesome!
31. Career highlight since being an influencer? I think this year has been the best year for me so far
32. Career lowlight since being an influencer? The first couple of months were tough, no one shares their secret and you realise you are all alone in a wild world
33. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? We are going to Dubai with my close friend – they have the whole trip planned for us. I’m so excited!
34. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? Bobbi Brown makeup! Almost 50-60 products. Nothing makes a girl happier!
35. Last thing you googled? Date of the Revolve party in LA
36. Favourite film? “Mr Nobody”
37. Favourite book? I’m reading “Life 3.0” by Max Tegmark, and I think it could easily be my favourite book! But also love “Selfish Gene” and “Astrophysics For People in a Hurry”
38. Favourite song? Oh, I can’t choose
39. Favourite band? No Doubt
40. Living in the city or living by the beach? Even though New York is my favourite city in the entire world, I will go with living by the beach – that’s the dream
41. Favourite travel destination? New York & LA
42. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Quiet dinner with best friends
43. Partner or single? Partner
44. Siblings? I have none, but would have loved to have a big sister
45. What city are you currently living in? London
46. Celebrity crush? Tom Hardy!
47. Pets? YES, many and many more please
48. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? I like sad and deep stuff – my ultra top one is Nitch. Also love Les Parisiennes, Flwhrs, Eyesneverliechico, Historyphotographed
49. Favourite quote you live by? Anything from Charles Bukowski…
50. Top career tip? Never give up. Everything in my life blossomed close to the “I’ve had enough” line. The moment where it feels like you’ve had enough and cannot continue anymore is where success is hidden.
All images: Deniz Colak