An early adopter of Instagram, lifestyle influencer Carolina Nashtai has a feed that perpetuates shopping addictions and trips to your travel agent. With a background in fashion design, Carolina brings her eye for style to her Instagram account – a fact that has seen her garner a strong following across both the travel and fashion space.
Here, we speak to the Lisbon-based content creator about everything from secret projects-in-the-making to what she looks for in a filter…
Missed the last articles in the 50 Questions series? Click the links to read interviews with Frankie Hildebrand, Xkflyaway‘s Xavier & Katie Ritzi, and O’Brien And Olive’s Jack & Allison Marie O’Brien.
1. Best beauty product of all time? Benefit Cosmetics Brow Zings Eyebrow Shaping Kit
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, L’Oréal Makeup Matte Lip Paint, Benefit Cosmetics Brow Zings Eyebrow Shaping Kit, Givenchy Noir Interdit Mascara, Makeup Factory Strobing Fluid
3. Hair “done” or messy? Messy
4. Makeup or no makeup? I love the makeup no makeup look
5. Favourite fragrance? Hotel Costes Black Eau de Toilette
6. Favourite item of clothing? Jeans
7. Favourite fashion brand? ATM Céline, Balenciaga, Isabel Marant, Loewe…
8. Sneakers or heels? Sneakers
9. Gym or exercising outdoors? Sleeping
10. Yoga or running? Sleeping
11. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Both
12. Can you cook? I love cooking – calms me down when I am really stressed out
13. Favourite food? That’s a difficult one… avocado, ceviche, pasta, risotto, sushi, fries… I love food, lol
14. Favourite drink? Lemonade
15. Best place to eat out? Somewhere near the sea
16. Happiest moment? Many, many, many, many – can’t choose. I’m a happy/lucky girl
17. Saddest moment? Losing someone
18. Instagram or Snapchat? Instagram
19. Blog or YouTube? YouTube
20. Iphone or camera? Camera
21. Type of camera? Reflex, Polaroid, Analog, GoPro – I love photography
22. VSCO cam or Snapseed? Both
23. Facetune or untouched? Should I download that?!
24. Favourite filter? The ones that are not so saturated
25. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? 9-5 job
26. How did you first get your start in media? I was one of the first to download the Instagram app. I remember I first got it before any of my friends had it. I always loved photography since I was little. I thought Instagram was so original in the beginning because of the square pictures and all the filters. I loved it and was posting pictures all the time. It started from there!
27. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? It really depends –between 3 – 10 mins… I really don’t know
28. What’s your top Instagram tip? Be true to yourself
29. Who takes your pics? Boyfriend, mum and dad, or whoever is with me
30. Most exciting moment since being an influencer? Getting the opportunity to work with brands that I always admired so much. Getting to travel, etc…
31. Most terrifying moment since being an influencer? Being stalked
32. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? Still working on it, can’t say much about it yet!
33. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? Getting job opportunities in my area – fashion design
34. Last thing you googled? Weather forecast for Lisbon
35. Favourite film? ‘Breakfast at Tiffanys’
36. Favourite book? ‘The Little Prince’
37. Favourite song? I don’t have a favourite song
38. Favourite band? I don’t have a favourite band
39. Living in the city or living by the beach? Half/half
40. Favourite travel destination? London and Paris, always
41. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? My friends know the answer… (quiet dinner)
42. Partner or single? Partner
43. Siblings? My dog was born on the same day as I was, does that count?!
44. What city are you currently living in? Lisbon
45. Celebrity girl crush? Jane Birkin
46. Celebrity boy crush? @joia.de.pessoa
47. Pets? I have the most beautiful dog in the world. His name is Gaspar. I’m definitely a dog person.
48. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @humansofnewyork, @wastedrita, @beautifuldestinations, @snoopslimes, @adorablegoldens
49. Favourite quote you live by? Believe you can and you are halfway there
50. Top career tip? Be true to yourself
All images: @carolinanashtai