50 Questions with photographer, artist & influencer Taylr Anne
With a background in fine art, Taylr Anne’s appreciation for art, fashion, music and travel is apparent across her Instagram feed – a place where she provides visual inspiration that marries bohemian flare with modern minimalism; a place that has the Husskie team visiting on the daily.
As she traverses landscapes from New York to Paris – capturing the many moments of her suitcase life, we pulled her aside to take part in our latest Fast 50. Here, we get a little insight into what life’s like behind-the-feed for Taylr Anne…
1. Best beauty product of all time? Sunscreen!
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Avène face wash, Elta UV Clear tinted sunscreen, Lilah B. cheek tint in ‘b. lovely’, clear brow gel & a nude lip tint
3. Hair “done” or messy? Messy, always
4. Favourite fragrance? Le Labo Santal 33 & Chloé Nomad – I normally wear the both together
5. Favourite item of clothing? Vintage Levi’s
6. Favourite fashion brand? So hard to pick only one!
7. Gym or exercising outdoors? Both! But prefer to be active outside
8. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Both, I love to eat healthy daily and always say yes to dessert
9. Can you cook? Yes!
10. Favourite food to indulge in? Mexican food
11. First thing you pick from the mini-bar? I normally don’t touch those, haha
12. Best place to eat out? Somewhere with ambience or a pretty view. I live near the beach so somewhere by the water 🙂
13. Happiest moment? Anytime I am with people I love
14. Saddest moment? Losing people I love
15. Blog or YouTube? Both! I want to dive into Youtube
16. Iphone or camera? Lately, iPhone – it’s more in the moment
17. Type of camera? Olympus Pen E-P5
18. Facetune or untouched? Untouched, but no-one is perfect
19. Lightroom or VSCO? VSCO! Since the beginning…
20. Favourite filter? G8
21. Favourite way to edit pics? Minimal edit, low contrast, always add warmth!
22. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? Full-time influencer
23. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? It was never intentional, I worked as a photographer and it transitioned organically. I feel very lucky to do what I do!
24. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? Depends! Sometimes it really is in the moment, and other times I shoot campaigns for companies, which require location scouting and planning. I believe life is all about being relatable, so I hope that always transfers through in my photos
25. What’s your top Instagram tip? Just be yourself, don’t worry about the perfect edit or creating something that isn’t real. Connecting with others is what Instagram is all about
26. Who takes your pics? Normally my sister or a good friend
27. Career highlight since being an influencer? Being able to travel the world and meet wonderful people along the way
28. Career lowlight since being an influencer? Constantly feeling the pressure to share and finding the balance of unplugging
29. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? I just launched a jewellery collection with Otiumberg, you can see it here! https://otiumberg.com/collections/taylr-anne-x-otiumberg. This was such a labor of love, it’s so exciting to see it live. It’s hard to pick only one because every campaign is so unique, but recently I worked with Chloé and got to do a road trip through the desert and came back home in a helicopter – that was so cool
30. Worst thing that’s happened to you on a photo shoot? I haven’t had too many bad experiences, but it’s a pet peeve of mine when photoshoots go extremely past schedule. I think there should be a mutual respect for everyone’s time
31. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? I am thankful for all of the gifts I receive, it’s unreal to be able to be gifted by some amazing companies. I feel very lucky
32. Last thing you googled? Classpass Membership
33. Favourite film? I love watching the old James Bond films
34. Favourite book? ‘Garden of Eden’ by Hemingway
35. Favourite song? I love music, so only picking one is hard – but a song that I find perfect for every occasion is ‘Innerbloom’ by RÜFÜS DU SOL
36. Living in the city or living by the beach? By the beach!
37. Favourite travel destination? Anywhere new!
38. Most Instagram-worthy spot? Every time I go to Paris, my engagement goes way up. I guess everyone loves Paris!
39. Top three essentials to pack when traveling? External charger, journal, comfortable shoes
40. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Quiet dinner with friends, although I love to go dancing and find cool bars
41. Partner or single? Single
42. Siblings? Two! An older brother and a younger sister
43. What city are you currently living in? Costa Mesa, California
44. Celebrity crush? Kevin Love
45. Pets? My pup! I have a border collie mix and he’s the best
46. What is your best asset? Respect. I think I have good manners… (thanks mom and dad)
47. Biggest misconception about you and your job? That every influencer is superficial and all we care about is photographing ourselves. Some influencers I know are some of the hardest working entrepreneurs that care about sharing what is important to them
48. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @purienne_, @nanushka, @goop, @semaine_online, @jeannedamas
49. Favourite quote you live by? “Continue to love. Continue to forgive. Continue to grow.”
50. Top career tip? Find a way to do what you love. If you can’t get paid to do it, always make it a priority in your daily routine to keep you balanced and most importantly, happy.
All images: TaylrAnne