50 Questions with Karina Anne Hunt
Registered nurse by day, influencer/health advocate/Business Bombshells babe by night – Sydney-based influencer Karina Anne Hunt is unarguably living life to its fullest. Recently turning 23, Karina is joining the many young entrepreneurs supplementing a successful career with a burgeoning side hustle.
With a 75K+ strong following on Instagram, Karina delivers a mixture of wellness, travel, fashion and lifestyle posts – and has worked with slew of popular street style brands including Princess Polly, Abrand, and Status Anxiety.
Intrigued to know more about this ultimate cool girl, we tracked Karina down to fill us in on everything about her life – from go-to products to how she puts together an Instagram-worthy shot…
1. Best beauty product of all time? Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Tinted moisturiser, mascara, matte lipstick, eye mask, & most definitely, any face mask!
3. Hair “done” or messy? Messy
4. Favourite fragrance? Chance by Chanel
5. Favourite item of clothing? Definitely my tracksuit pants! I’m all for comfort
6. Favourite fashion brand? Not sure. I love so many, I don’t have one in particular! But I do love Glassons…
7. Gym or exercising outdoors? Gym
8. Healthy eating or treating yourself? I think it’s all about a balanced diet. You have to treat yourself
9. Can you cook? I sure can. Been living out of home since I was 18, so I had to learn
10. Favourite food to indulge in? Chocolate
11. First thing you pick from the mini-bar? Chocolate, of course
12. Best place to eat out? Mexican! Chica Bonita in Manly is my fave
13. Happiest moment? When I was on the Glue window for my first big campaign
14. Saddest moment? When my parents separated
15. Blog or YouTube? Blog
16. Iphone or camera? Iphone
17. Type of camera? I have a Canon Powershot
18. Facetune or untouched? Untouched
19. Lightroom or VSCO? Both!
20. Favourite filter? J5 on VSCO
21. Favourite way to edit pics? I love bright and colour!
22. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? I would love to be a full-time influencer but I’m actually a full-time Registered Nurse
23. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? I just started posting a lot of photos and brands just began to reach out. I started when I was 18
24. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? Sometimes a lot of time, sometimes it just happens – it depends on the moment
25. What’s your top Instagram tip? Just to be yourself and have fun! Don’t take it too seriously
26. Who takes your pics? My friends
27. Career highlight since being an influencer? The travel
28. Career lowlight since being an influencer? How much you live through other people’s lives sometimes makes you negative
29. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? Abrand
30. Worst thing that’s happened to you on a photo shoot? The heat
31. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? GHD
32. Last thing you googled? Hotel Ravesis
33. Favourite film? I don’t really watch movies much
34. Favourite book? ‘Barefoot Investor’
35. Favourite song? I have many
36. Living in the city or living by the beach? By the beach
37. Favourite travel destination? Tropical islands
38. Most Instagram-worthy spot? Indonesia is definitely the best
39. Top three essentials to pack when traveling? Hair brush, face mask, linen robe
40. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Quiet dinner
41. Partner or single? 5 years partner!
42. Siblings? 1
43. What city are you currently living in? Sydney
44. Celebrity/influencer crush? I absolutely love Genelle Seldon – such a babe
45. Pets? I wish
46. What is your best asset? I’m really not too sure!
47. Biggest misconception about you and your job? People probably don’t realise I’m actually a nurse, haha
48. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @gypsea_lust, @genelleseldon, @sophierimmerr, @emelinaah, @isabellamathersx
49. Favourite quote you live by? “Do it now or you never will”
50. Top career tip? Do what you love doing, don’t settle for just any job. You might have to for sometime until you can do what you really love doing – but honestly, just be you and live your dreams, don’t dream your life! Just do it. You’ll never look back…
All images: Karina Anne Hunt